|This is not my current weight. This is actually closer to my goal weight.|
|A terrible picture of me at 37 weeks pregnant.|
Before I got pregnant I had lost 40 or 50 pounds. I was determined to get healthy and lose weight before trying to conceive. I literally enjoyed hitting my goal weight for about two weeks, the time between my pre-pregnancy checkup and my positive test.. Once I was pregnant, the weight came on easily with no morning sickness and pregnant hunger rage. I gained close to 60 pounds in those nine months. My top weight, was 216 lbs. I lost some weight after giving birth, but never got back down to where I was before. I figured I had an excuse. After all, I did have a baby. Then the pounds slowly crept back on as the stress and new living situation took it's toll on me.
My weight now is 228 lbs. So, the time has come to get back down to a healthy weight that doesn't make me cringe. There are a lot of reasons I want to lose weight. A lot. I thought listing them here would be a good idea because I can refer back to them when I need a reminder. It also broadcasts it to the internet so other people can hold me accountable.
- To keep up with my toddler
- To be healthy
- To be a good example for my son
- To feel good (both physically and emotionally)
- To look better
- To stop having muffin top and plumbers crack
- To better understand my relationship with food
- To fit in clothes I already own
- To go shopping for new clothes
- To be more active
- To connect with others struggling with weight
- To inspire others
- To be in shape for having another baby
- To look better with shorter hair
- To be more confident
- To be a MILF
- To maintain my healthy weight
- To look good in Hawaii in 2015
- To say I did it
- To never have to diet again
- To feel normal
So, as of this past Monday I am watching what I eat, counting calories, and limiting processed foods. I have been using an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal. It's also online and has a food diary and a huge database of foods in it already. If you have it, please add me as a friend and we can cheer each other on (or yell at me for being bad if necessary). My username is Pirate013.
I'd love to link up with other bloggers embarking on a similar journey. Here are a few I recommend as well.
The Incredible Shrinking Woman - Carole of Toot Sweet 4 Two
Weekly Weigh In - Camille of A Sorta Fairytale